View Single Post
Old 05-09-2006, 10:49 PM   #1
Benesesso
3" Exhaust

Benesesso is on a distinguished road
Default Temp. Sender-what does it do?

After completing my recent BHG on my 1990 Turbo, the computer set a code for bad temp. sender--found it to be the one behind the PS reservoir bracket-the 2 prong thermistor. Checker and AZ don't have them, so it was $59 for a new one at the Toy. dealer.

BUT, I also found another temp. sender w/1 blade connector that is in the radiator side of the t'stat housing. There are 2 on this side, the lower one runs the elect. AC fans, and this one up higher. It tested open (infinite ohms to ground). The dealer had one, so I tested it right at the parts counter--same thing, infinite ohms. No sale. Then I tested the orig. one hot-no change.

What is the purpose of this sensor/sender? It doesn't run the temp. gage. It also doesn't set any codes.
"You see, wire telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? Radio operates the same way: You send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is there is no cat." A. Einstein

1988 and 1990 Turbo Supras
Benesesso is offline   Reply With Quote