View Single Post
Old 06-26-2006, 11:46 AM   #2
suprasforlife
3" Exhaust

suprasforlife is on a distinguished road

If you where 3 lengths in front, I'd say what you did will work, just keep on driving and you'll get better. The red line on your tach is there for a reason, go over it and you've over reved, stay below or at it and your fine. How high you rev when taking off, how fast you let out the clutch, etc all depends on how well your getting the power to the ground. Got good tires and is the suspension good? Clutch and tranny strong? The key is of course not to break the tires loose, when I take off I don't watch the tach at all, just drive and you'll get to know the car and you'll know it by sound what rpm you should be at, it will feel natural like breathing, walking etc. Once you get it, it will be one continuous movement, the clutch release and acceleration will be as smooth as an automatic tranny with at most a little chrip of your tires. I have not put anything on my car yet as I just got it, so I can't recommend anything, just do your research and know what you want it to be and you'll get the right stuff. Personally, and I know it's gonna be a long and costly project with several mods, I'm gonna put a 2jz-gte and a 6 speed in my mk3. Where there is a will there is a way.
As for your AC, depends on if you remove the entire system or just the pump, haven't ever weighed an AC system but I'm guessing the entire system might weigh 40-60 lbs. if that much??? Removing the pump will give you a few more horsepower as it puts less drag on the motor because your not turning the clutch on the pump via the belt. Even when the AC is not on the clutch is still putting drag on the motor.
suprasforlife is offline   Reply With Quote