View Single Post
Old 05-14-2005, 09:36 AM   #8
supersupra
3" Exhaust

supersupra is on a distinguished road

yes this is true. the celica in america is discontinuing and there is no known replacement for this, this is the news for people in the states anyway. this also goes for the mr2. the reason for this is because they simply were unpopuler and weren't selling. :huh:

Though there well be a replacement for the mr2 although it kinda looks odd. it was seen going around nurburgring, and has flared guards to make it look wider, and it will still carry its 1.8 probably although it will be a hybrid engine (petrol/electric).it will still be quicker than the outgoing mr2 and should have more progrssive handling chracteristics than the current mr2, which is twithchy at the limit. It will also still be a soft top, to save on weight. I'm not sure if this will be coming to the usa but probably in most other markets where it still exists. Due late 2006 in Australia

i heard to dissapointing things about toyota lately.
1>They will make cars to attract, as their first priority, not quality said by the leader of toyota himself?????

2.>Toyota is going to make it's whole range hybrid. meaning no more killer pwer machines and extra weight. (but good for greenies like myself :lol:

Also i just found out that the new toyota supercar (aka lexus) is refered to as txs within toyota and is to capitilise on involvement in formula one hence its V10. around 5.4litres be good for 400kw and 500nm torque. tune maybe to 1300kg, similar to power to weight ratio of porches carrera gt B)

Any comments