View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 03:26 PM   #3
Kuban
3" Exhaust

Kuban is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHateHacks
Looks very nice and with 326whp that is no joke.

But maybe since he didn't break-in the new engine and just started doing burnouts, the rings never seated properly hence that is why you have excessive crankcase pressures.

Aren't you the one that blew the turbo a couple weeks ago? Overheated it on the highway?

Obviously that guy (the one you bought it from) didn't have a clue what he was doing since the engine only lasted, what, 30K miles? Blew the brand new turbo and overheated. Something wasn't torqued properly. I saw you said in a previous post that you had to replace the turbo gaskets. FYI= turbo gaskets just don't leak after 30k miles unless they were not installed correctly with the proper prep work done to the sealing surfaces. That speaks volumes as to what level his mechanical abilities are at. He should stick to oil changes.
yes indeedy sir.

I should note though, i didnt have to replace the turbo gaskets, my exhaust manifold was leaking oil. Remember u said my cps o-ring might be leaking? And causing oil to get around the manifold gasket. Thats why i tore off the turbo and replaced all the turbo gaskets and such. They weren't necessary to replace. I just did because i had to pull the manifold off anyway. The cps oil ring might have blown because of when i had to much oil in the engine. Who knows. It happened right around the same time. Only tests will show from here. Just a little backround on the car. I notice he said it has ceramic coated pistons. Im not sure how much better that is, im pretty sure they just take heat dissapation better, not much threshhold difference of power?

Last edited by Kuban; 04-09-2007 at 03:35 PM.
Kuban is offline   Reply With Quote