View Single Post
Old 05-06-2007, 12:42 PM   #29
IHateHacks
20psi boost

IHateHacks is on a distinguished road

Mr.w, it "goes away when warmed up" because as the engine warms up it spits the heated coolant into the overflow causing the level to raise. What is the level in your overflow before you start it in the morning? It should be at or above the full mark, if its any lower than the full mark then the light will flicker when you take left hand turns. I think you just didn't fill the overflow up enough.

88Tsupra you can get a block test kit from any NAPA store for $50. Part # BK 700-1006. If they don't have it in stock, have them order it.

I spent just about 1K just on parts when I did my head gasket. But I replaced every single coolant hose (like the ones for the ISC and the one that goes to the water bypass pipe under the intake manifold), sealing washer (including the 32mm heater union that is on the back of the head), gasket (including the EGR cooler, something a shop won't even take off), o-ring (like the o-rings and insulators for the fuel injectors), timing belt and tensioner (a shop will just reuse your exsisting ones) and ARP head bolts (a shop will just get new toyota ones prone to streching or a hack shop will just reuse them).

Do the block test before you even pick up a wrench. Post your results.
IHateHacks is offline   Reply With Quote