View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 02:17 AM   #4
Monkey
3" Exhaust

Monkey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3pz
if you are worried about repairs, dont got the rx7; rotories are tedious engines, and the rotors' tips always go out. a gtr32 would be nice, seeing as they are the only skylines that are legal (or is that the r33?). id just go with the supra as they are legal with a combustion engine. thats just my opinion though. i mean all 3 are deff awesome cars, with endless potential.
Why would an R32 be legal and not an R33? The R32 preceded the R33. If the R32 would be legal, then it would stand to reason that the R33 would be, too, don't you think, and no neither are legal. It will cost a substantial amount to have one imported and on top of that, Japanese safety standards are not on par with ours, so, get ready for some modificiations to make it street legal as far as safety is concerned. I was stationed in Japan for four years in the Navy, and i've seen plenty of wrecks there. Shredded beer cans is all i can say. I was involved in an accident while i was there, and was only going about 40-45 KPH. Which is about 25-30 MPH i believe. My car was totaled. Myself and the two other passengers i had with me were all right, but the car sure as hell wasn't.
Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote