View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 06:29 AM   #14
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Apexi.... you won't find any other air filter under my hood...

...unless you do. But then it's usually only temporary... like I took the Apexi off for cleaning.

The main concern with K&N is people have found thin film on MAF sensors which they believe was from the filter... if this is the case then the MKIII crowd's paranoia about them fogging the KVAFM's optics are well based. I really don't imagine any such "ingested" oil would be flowing in a volume sufficient to fog the optics or ruin a MAF unless you're doing an insane amount of driving every day and at a high throttle.

The reason I stand by my Apexi are some of the tests I've seen. No, you can't trust everything you see online, but what I've read is pretty consistent that the Apexi offer the best flow per filtering ability.
cre is offline   Reply With Quote