View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 10:25 PM   #2
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
Hi everyone, I'm brand new to the Supra world and have been doing a lot of research tring to find the best combination of parts for the new Supra TT! Like I said I'm new to the Supra realm but not new to building cars. Most of my projects have been Old school American Muscle but after I purchased a DSM a few years ago I instantly fell in love with boost. I have been looking for a Supra ever since and finally found (and could afford) the car of my dreams. I've owned it for about 6 months now but haven't acually seen it in person yet. My current deployment to Iraq is almost over and I want to have a few things ready for me to tinker with while I'm home on leave. My question is....

I'm looking into the Apexi AVC-R, Apexi SAFC II, BCC, and some form of Wide Band O2 (need help on suggestions with this one). I need opinions on this combination of parts and if any of you have better suggestions for different combinations. Also, If I left anything out in this category please let me know. I'm not ready for a Stand Alone just yet even though this is my plan for the future. If you have any questions please ask and thanks in advance. I can't wait to get home!!! "Scout's Out"
Hi Grim,

First: Thanks for your service!

Next, I'd like to make some suggestions that will save you a few bucks, AND allow you to enjoy your Mkiv Supra TT a bit more as you upgrade it. here are my suggestions - please feel free to ask ANY questions that come to mind:
  • I'd skip the A'PEXi SAFC II and the wideband for now. Save that for 'stage II', imho.
  • You left out the GReddy BCC that you'll need to prevent fuel cut, and a downpipe (reduces exhaust backpressure, which allows the turbos to spool quicker AND boost higher).
  • Adjustable cam gears (properly tuned) will get you another 15rwhp
  • If your Mkiv TT doesn't already have an exhaust, that big chrome tip really does add to the looks.
  • If your Mkiv TT doesn't already have aftermarket rims, consider getting a set of wider ones, or widening the stock ones. If you're going to be putting more power to the ground, you don't want to just sit there and spin.
  • That's all that comes to mind before the AFC & wideband. Consider FJO and AEM for the wideband choices. Also, if you're not going to tune it yourself, you really don't need a wideband - you could just skip the wideband and get it dyno-tuned.
  • Also consider a front-mount intercooler - that'll get you another 15rwhp or so.
  • All of that will take you to a good 'BPU+++' stage...at which point you'll want to get a lot of enjoyment out of your car (a year or two?) ... because beyond this point you'll be taking out the oem twin turbos and putting in a big aftermarket single.
Hopefully that's enough info to get this dialog started. Again, feel free to comment and/or ask additional questions.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote