View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 09:18 PM   #18
Krem
3" Exhaust

Krem is on a distinguished road

Good luck CV... I think that's probably best, and I'm about to do it for nothing more than peace of mind knowing it's been recently done and doesn't have 140k miles on it... As far as what was wrong w/ the car... when i bought it for $1950, couldn't tell anything wrong other than a hatch stopper and slight cosmetics on the vinyl of the interior due to heat stress.. there were no leaks, started right up and performed well as well.

After first oil change, my friend advised me I should get the front tires replaced and get my wheel alignment done. I replaced my tires, but the alignment still needs to be done. I also had to do the brakes within two weeks of purchase as they were worn and cracking.. less than a week after the brakes were done, my distributor shaft snaps and had to get that replaced and have the TDC timing done on her. She gets hot fairly quick, and I'm sure getting my fan shrouds will help with this, but noticed also a few small pinhole sized holes in the top of the radiator, so guessing I need to replace the radiator too. Did try the thermostat and hoses along w/ a coolant flush to see if that would fix the heating issue, but it hasn't. Finally, between the time my distributor shaft had snapped and been repaired, my master cylinder (or the res. above it) has started leaking brake fluid and this is my first priority, followed by coolant. After that, I can focus again at my suspension and alignment... She's sucked up more repair money than I'd care for, but the pride I can have in her, and the fun I can have in her, once she's working good makes it all worth it.
Krem is offline   Reply With Quote