View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 06:00 AM   #20
Supra Saiyan
3" Exhaust

Supra Saiyan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianstaley View Post
I got into some heavy talks with Supra specalits engineers there at the time over weight reduction. There answer was that the removable roof constituted about 60% of the strength of the car, which is why the don't recommend exceeding 100 MPH unless you have strut bars, front and rear. As an alternative they did suggest that the roof could be cut and fitted with a sunroof, this they said (I didn't do it so basicly dont know if it was true or not) that the sun roof aftermarket would shave a few pounds off the roof but because of the way they were fitted then it would stiffen the roof too even if the glass was removed? Ian
You nearly shattered my hopes and dreams with that one.. 60% is a lot! However, I'm going against the weather man (Toyota mechanic) on this one. I'll get the umbrella but I won't wear the rain boots (Get front/rear struts). I just gotta have that carbon fiber roof (FOR ONLY $200)! It will go perfectly with my black mk3 project car..

Sometimes, weather men.. Are wrong! If it where a weather woman.. I would probably listen.. Well, at least "Watch".
Supra Saiyan is offline   Reply With Quote