View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 10:25 PM   #1
BYC
Stock

BYC is on a distinguished road
Default Saw a supra for sale, need help

What up guys and girls. Just registered today on the forums. I’m from NYC. I been looking for Supras for a long time. Today I saw a 93 non-turbo 5-speed with 115,000. The car is a dark grayish green color. Appears to have been painted over, engine bay is black. If you look at the front bumper, you see that the radiator support is a little bent on th edges. The headlights are shaking. And hood doesn't close properly. The passenger door has a crease, doesn't line up fully and the sideskirt on that side is loose. 97/98 tails. The rear hatch doesn't line up. On the driver side of the hatch, it has a 1/4" crease, and the passenger side, has about 1/8" crease. Above the left taillight you can see that the hatch sits higher there than the right side. The driver door is grazed and dented a little. When looking at the car from the front, you can notice that one side of the targa roof is slightly higher. The paint on the metal above the rear glass is cracked and also the targa. The panel seems to be rough. The interior has leather in the back with cloth in front. The car starts up and has check engine light and ABS light on. The engine has some rust around the power steering reservoir area.Didn't test drive it yet. I Might go back tomorrow. The guy is asking $13,000, WTF!!! I would say this car is worth only $6,000. Is there anyway to check the ECU codes? The VIN number is JT2JA81J5P0007715. I would really appreciateif anyone can run the CARFAX for me. I looked in the car when the guy wasn't around and found an envelope in the car with some salvage title information in Albany, NY. In the back I found Texas license plates. My prediction is that this is from out of state and had a head on collision and rolled over and was put back together very poorly with a ridiculous price tag.

Please let me know what you all think,

Thanks in advance

BYC is offline   Reply With Quote