View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 09:19 PM   #2
Bill UK
AEM EMS

Bill UK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjSupra View Post
Hi all:

The quick: have two leaking coolant lines, sprayed all over the ground after two over heat cycles. Coolant lines (small diameter metal) come from two parts of main rad, and then run to above the screw in oil filter and the oil pan to car. If I squeeze the rubber lines that connect from the steel lines, coolant fluid (not oil) oozes out the actual sides of the hose not far from the clamp. Also from under clamp too. Rad empty to the eye from above, again (sigh).
So, dumb question. My cars have always been manual and 'lower' tech. I did not even know oil can be 'liquid cooled' by coolant .(?) Is that what these lines are, and does it seem that replacing the rubber lines should solve my poor cars overheating problem and coolant loss? Previous owner know nothing about HG or if replaced, but oil has always been clear and clean, no smoke ever even on startup. I'll try to dig this up here, but what are those lines called to get the parts? Is the cheapie Autozone or Napa or whatever fine to replace those with? Do steel or steel braided cable exist for them and is that important to use those or is stock or OEM replacement rubber just fine? THANKS
From your description, it sounds like the two small hose that run from the bottom of the rad to the auto box. They run behind the oil filter and along the bottom of the block, (just above the sump) towards the trany. (Not to be confused with the engine oil cooler hoses that run from the oil filter housing to the cooler/coolers and back to the sump) The two small hose from the bottom of the rad carry transmission fluid. Not exactly sure if the fluid is being cooled or heated. If these are the hose you’re referring to, then they should contain trany fluid not coolant.

Last edited by Bill UK; 10-03-2010 at 08:57 AM.
Bill UK is offline   Reply With Quote