View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 06:44 PM   #11
rjSupra
3" Exhaust

rjSupra is on a distinguished road

Got a new thermostat and gasket 192/195 degree. It was cheap! $7 something. But now I've checked the car again, I can see that it was never leaking from this area where the gasket would be on the thermo - drat. Might just do it anyway since most people recommend that should be done with older car.

Also, just noticed that there is a electrical line just under what sort of looks like a spark plug into the thermo larger housing. It's labeled as the "light green wire for aux fan sensor" by another poster's pic.
Wait a minute someone else's posted pic here labels it a "A/C Sensor Switch" in the photo I've attached here. So can this be related in any way to overheating and large volume of leaking coolant in this area (about 3-6 inches away towards back of motor/back of car from the front, and about 2 inches below it (an area I can't see into).
This cable was sheared off. Nice. By the looks it's been exposed to the elements for awhile. So, dumb question here, can that be related to a fan not being sent a signal to go on and therefore overheat or something? I've not run the A/C whatsoever on this car - don't keep interior temp setting in auto either. (don't know what that connects or engages). I know before the main alt fan on the engine spins fine. There is a small upper driver side fan that is electric and that was spinning when I overheated with the motor 'off' and the key in the accessory position. There is one fan in the skinnier full size radiator in front of the main back one, and I've never seen that fan spin, even with the car overheating, at normal idle etc etc. So I am going to re-wire that wire back too. Not sure if that could have caused any of these problems - I doubt it is so simple and such an easy fix with this car.

Thanks for the additional help Bill UK!! I super appreciate it. And I finally noticed there is a coolant large hose I can barely see under that CPS unit. Maybe that's where it's been coming from. Will check out that spot thoroughly that you recommend in the last diagram.

Will update if I ever get this sorted and fixed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ThermostatHousing.jpg
Views:	847
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	3503  

Last edited by rjSupra; 10-03-2010 at 07:03 PM. Reason: incorrect data - fixing it
rjSupra is offline   Reply With Quote