View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 06:26 AM   #43
rjSupra
3" Exhaust

rjSupra is on a distinguished road
Default test driving car tomorrow - nervous as heck.

My car has been down this whole time. It's all back together and ready to try. Tried to test it tonight but dead batt won't take a charge, and my charger can't start the motor at 50 amps engine start mode - not enough juice, the car goes nuts (headlights flopping up and down) and clicking super loud noises and engine won't crank. C'mon you know what I'm talking about here right with low voltage on battery? (annoying)

Summary:
replaced Water pump (did not fix leak)
replaced belts
replaced thermostat and drilled 4mm hole - clipped off toggle (did not fix leak)
---
final stage two repairs / untested yet:
replaced "90 degree" angle hose under thermostat housing to the steel line that goes under the manifold and to back of engine
replaced water outlet housing gasket
(replaced optional turbo small hose that was not leaking while in there).

The car can idle and drive very slowly 30-40mph gently - no problem, no leaks.
At highway speed I have 2 - 5 minutes maybe before coolant bursts out leaking everywhere - all around the behind and under area of water pump. Cannot see where it is leaking from, only hear it, and see it dripping / pouring below.

If this was the metal line under the manifold next to the block that the 90 hose connects to that had failed, would it leak all the time (at idle / low speeds) and be more obvious?? I am worried that after all this I can't fix this leak I am going to have to give up on this car. I've been avoiding testing it out for a few weeks because I am so worried.