View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 01:46 AM   #11
Piggy808
Stock

Piggy808 is on a distinguished road

thanks for info above! Just substituted lucas cleaner with the MCC aparently cant buy this outside of stealership.

I get code 51 once every other time i run the car...seems to me like the connector looks loose...The only code i get is 51...til i wiggle the connector around and it goes away...will this cause significant powerloss and timing problems? I also noticed I have the turbo tps on my NA. 1987 7mge.

I checked the ignition timing and the mechanical timing and all of it looks good, marks match up, etc. When i first start the car the car runs great...idles fine in diagnostic mode...then suddenly idle will drop and my timing jumps around the 10 degree mark a little bit ( i got my gun out). Should i go get a NA tps? Its all stock except I slapped on a ponteza catback. I also took off the exhaust header to see if there was carbon build up somewhere...looks pretty darn clean. Car bogs and makes me cry when a civic rips past me on the freeway. Installing new magnaflow cat as of right now...damn rust sucks.

Last edited by Piggy808; 03-01-2011 at 01:46 AM. Reason: typo
Piggy808 is offline   Reply With Quote