Thread: Starting issues
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 04:34 AM   #1
V8toy
Stock

V8toy is on a distinguished road
Default Starting issues

1. I'm hoping one of you veterians can help provide some insite. This has been a problem for a long time.

I bought a 1984 with a 6M swap done by the previous owner. The car was running before he tore it apart for the typical headgasket blow out. I proceded to put it back together. Now I can not get it to fire.

* With a new battery putting out 12+volts I have come up with the following list.
* All grounds (body, ECU, Engine, Intake manifold)(yes, this includes the one under the intake that everyone immediately points the finger at.) are strong with very minimal if any noticable drop.
* When the plug wire is pulled and placed next to the block there is a strong spark.
* When the FP test conector is jumped the pump comes on.
* Fuel is gettin getting to the rail - when it is lossened it bleeds profusely with the pump on.
* When I try to start the car the pump comes on.
* All fuses and fusable links check out good.
* Main relays #1 and #2 are triggering and are within ohm spec.
* Open circuit at driver kick panel checks out as well.
* AFM read correct at open and close positions.
* The solenoid resistor reads out ok
* ECU (5M/T) Checks out OK
* When I spray starting fluid the the intake, the engine will run until it burns off.
My thought is that the injectors are not seeing a pulse. What else is involved in the ECU triggering the pulse. Or what else could it be. Any help would be appreciated.
V8toy is offline   Reply With Quote