Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 01-01-2010, 11:04 PM   #111
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

The hose comes from the hardpipe assembly under the lower intake plenum around cylinder #5 and #6.... a bitch for me to reach, but I imagine if you've got skinny arms you may be able to pull it off... could try from below too.

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Librar...spx?F=1603&P=1
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:08 PM   #112
cvbikeguy
3" Exhaust

cvbikeguy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
The hose comes from the hardpipe assembly under the lower intake plenum around cylinder #5 and #6.... a bitch for me to reach, but I imagine if you've got skinny arms you may be able to pull it off... could try from below too.

................ thats coolant. coolant goes to throttle body?

im an idiot.

lol once again, thanks cre
cvbikeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:19 PM   #113
cvbikeguy
3" Exhaust

Quote:

is this the same hose? cause i have #16267 going to that small intake sensor
Old 01-01-2010, 11:22 PM   #114
cvbikeguy
3" Exhaust

oh wait they are different hoses. so then where does the AIC come from/go to?
Old 01-01-2010, 11:29 PM   #115
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Here's how it runs:
#16267 runs up to the back side of the TB (to the nipple you have pointed out)
Then, from the front nipple of the TB the hose runs to the Idle Speed Control Valve (ISC or ISCV for short)
Then the coolant exits the ISCV via a lower hose which runs to a nipple built into the flange of the lower intake plenum around cylinder #2 (it is on the bottom side of the flange)

And YUP, coolant to the throttle body... it's to prevent ice from forming inside the TB and ISCV (yes, it's really possible; even on a warm day).
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

Tip Jar --->
Old 01-01-2010, 11:32 PM   #116
cvbikeguy
3" Exhaust

lol sorry for posting a million times in a row. this car stuff is frustrating. i hope the r154 swap is ALOT easier.

thanks cre. i want this this running tonight hopefully
Old 01-02-2010, 02:33 AM   #117
cvbikeguy
3" Exhaust

Quote:
Here's how it runs:
#16267 runs up to the back side of the TB (to the nipple you have pointed out)
Then, from the front nipple of the TB the hose runs to the Idle Speed Control Valve (ISC or ISCV for short)
Then the coolant exits the ISCV via a lower hose which runs to a nipple built into the flange of the lower intake plenum around cylinder #2 (it is on the bottom side of the flange)

And YUP, coolant to the throttle body... it's to prevent ice from forming inside the TB and ISCV (yes, it's really possible; even on a warm day).
crap i cant find the nipple on the flange.....
Old 01-02-2010, 03:16 AM   #118
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

It's on the flange of the lower plenum or runner which bolts to the block... I actually left the hose attached when I pulled that runner. Heh, is the hose already attached?

Tip Jar --->
Old 01-02-2010, 08:30 AM   #119
cvbikeguy
3" Exhaust

Lightbulb car speaks to me in my sleep

Quote:
It's on the flange of the lower plenum or runner which bolts to the block... I actually left the hose attached when I pulled that runner. Heh, is the hose already attached?
i couldnt sleep at all. i felt so defeated that i couldnt find that stupid nipple. tossed and turned.

i had to look again

i stare at the car for a sec, not even reaching in.

took a breath....

reached in

within a second i found myself touching the nipple.

WTF

anyways so thats that. just need one more hose to go to the backside of the throttle body. gonna turn the key tomorrow and cross our fingers.

oh one question. how much pressure goes through the coolant areas? heres a pic. and yes cre i will have a finish paint job..... just remembered the lady forgot to paint the hood.............

feel like i still dont know anything about cars...... cause i dont.

so im pretty excited. now i probably wont be able to sleep since i know that im so close to getting this car started. learned a lot of things on the way also.

1. so not worth all this effort on a N/A
2. label more, take better pics
3. never do this to an N/A
4. dont break sh*t
5. just get a turbo engine and rebuild that
6. get a punching bag
7. your lucky after going through this that you arent in danger of substance abuse.

so yea. waste of money, yes. waste of effort, yes. me being a newb and actually learning something, maybe. this car may not be fast of a turbo but i really cant wait to drive it. sure as hell faster than my 4 runner and even though its wingless, the body style of these supras are f'ing amazing.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:09 AM   #120
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvbikeguy View Post
i couldnt sleep at all. i felt so defeated that i couldnt find that stupid nipple. tossed and turned.

i had to look again

i stare at the car for a sec, not even reaching in.

took a breath....

reached in

within a second i found myself touching the nipple.

WTF
Thought I was f*&^ing with you? Heh.

Quote:
oh one question. how much pressure goes through the coolant areas? heres a pic.
I'm pretty sure the stock radiator cap is SUPPOSED to open at 13psi. I recomend testing them periodically, even new ones can be way off.

Quote:
feel like i still dont know anything about cars...... cause i dont.
Well, at least it'll keep you cautious and you know a lot more now than you did at the beginning!

Quote:
1. so not worth all this effort on a N/A
2. label more, take better pics
3. never do this to an N/A
4. dont break sh*t
5. just get a turbo engine and rebuild that
6. get a punching bag
7. your lucky after going through this that you arent in danger of substance abuse.
1. sure it's worth it... peace of mind? Worth a fortune to me. Besides, it was a great lesson. (you DID remember to chase the bolt holes in the block with a tap... right?)
2. plastic baggies, masking tape and a marker.
3. why the hell not?'
4. agreed!
5. yeah, but if you need a car in the interim shouldn't it be running?
6. mmmmkay, whatever you need.... I needed a case of Kleenex.
7. Nah, there's enough chemicals floating around while doing this job that it'd make the drugs seem week and not worth the time.

Quote:
so yea. waste of money, yes. waste of effort, yes. me being a newb and actually learning something, maybe. this car may not be fast of a turbo but i really cant wait to drive it. sure as hell faster than my 4 runner and even though its wingless, the body style of these supras are f'ing amazing.
No and no. It may be a bit faster, it's not uncommon to find that we've fixed a number of other problems on the way.... won't be more powerful than stock, but you might be surprised to find it was running like ass before; Happens often.

What's wrong with wingless? The OEM wing is just a "make pretty" part, no major effect on the vehicle's aerodynamics.

Tip Jar --->