View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 07:22 AM   #2
dcrusupra
500whp yet?

dcrusupra is on a distinguished road

Well, I'm up late with nothing to do so I might as well help you out a bit.
The Lexus AFM won't be able to hold that kind of power. Most people go with the MAFT Pro (google it). The best injectors, in my opinion, are RC Injectors. Get ones that flow enough to get to your goal. Along with an upgraded fuel pump and a fuel pressure regulator. Get a standalone ECU that can control the fuel and get a good tune to follow. Get a BOV that can hold the amount of boost you are going to run the car at. The biggest intercooler that can fit on the front of our cars without cutting the frame rails is a 24x12x4. The intercooler hardpipes are absolutely necessary. The "dual pipes" that you mention is the pipe going to the turbo and the intake manifold. The intake manifold is custom made by a few people and are not cheap. Most people go with a K&N air filter but I've seen in a test that the Apex-i dry filter flows better. Those can things on the end of an exhaust do nothing more than make more sound. Get a turbo back 3" exhaust pipe.

Now that I've given you the basics do a little more research about the set-up you are going to run. I've put a few months of research into the set-up I plan to run. Research heavily into the head gasket problem and keep the engine full of oil.

And of course a little disclaimer...

A 10 second car is not easy to control. You probably won't have traction without racing slicks. This isn't Fast and the Furious. You can get seriously hurt if you don't know how to control the car.