Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > General Discussions > Show n Tell

Old 02-16-2007, 09:04 AM   #41
dcrusupra
500whp yet?

dcrusupra is on a distinguished road

Complete change of pace....

My last build turned out to be hopeless. The body of the car was useless to me, it required too much bodywork and too much bondo. So i found a car that better suited my needs.

I got new window louvers so the ugly faded ones will be replaced by brand new shiny ones.

Body kit

Shineauto Gracer front bumper
Bomex sideskirts
Bomex rears - just bought
89+ taillights
89+ molding
Sunshade - just bought
Turn Signal Covers - just bought
Ruff Racing R280 Rims 18x9.5 rear 18x8.5 front

I just got the turbo engine and tranny

It was all going good, I was buying a new item every week. Then I got fired for a BS reason, so i cant buy anything else until i find a new job. I was just about to buy the rest of the body kit also. It sucks.

I also jumped in on a TRD shift knob group buy. I got the knob in like 4 days. It kinda scared me because there was no confirmation of a recieved payment.

Here is the new engine after some cleanup

a new intercooler i cant use yet, i need a bigger turbo. 24x12x3 without end tanks, 3" inlet/outlets.

Saved some items from the last car that I was going to use. The LIPP high flow fuel rail and the aeromotive fuel pressure regulator.

A list of upgrades that I'll be buying after i get a new job and the rest of the body kit:

Forged JE pistons, .20 over
Pauter Rods
FFIM w/ Q45 TB
+1mm full Ferrea valve train
JT70 turbo
Tial BOV
680CC RC Injectors
Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump
3" Cooleze downpipe
3" exhaust
C's short shifter
Jaws Gear aluminum 1 pc. driveshaft

I haven't decided which clutch I'll use yet, i was looking at the clutchmasters stage 3, but i dont really want a harsh engagement. I'm not sure if I'll get a lightened flywheel either.

As of right now, I'll put the engine in with the W58 instead of the R154 because I don't have a driveshaft for the R154. I was going to buy the Jaws Gear one but i got fired the day I was going to order it. The W58 has an upgraded clutch so it should be fine for a bit. The engine will stay stock for a little while so I can just get used to driving the car again, it's been 2 years since I've driven a Supra lol.

And after a long time of searching for some nice black rims with a chrome lip i finally settled on some rims. The Ruff Racing R280s. 18x9.5 and 18x8.5 +35 offsets for front and rear.

Picture of said rims....

I'm still doing the black with red accents theme. I got an 89+ climate control with red LEDs in it, and I put red LEDs in the gauge cluster. I just need to work on the interior again.

And thats about it, I'll post pics of some little things as I go along. As soon as I can find a place I can use to swap the engines, I'll post some more pics. And sorry about the disorganized post. Lol.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:54 AM   #42
Rice1337
Stock

Rice1337 is on a distinguished road

The car is coming together pretty nicely so far. The Supra by itself was only around 600$, but let's see how much the car costs altogether after you fix it all up. You have to tell me.
Rice1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:23 AM   #43
dcrusupra
500whp yet?

New pics...
These are the smoked turn signal covers and the TRD shift knob

A couple of close ups of the knob

And this is the sunshade and Bomex rears

I have $1k coming in from my tax return. And then about $500 more in late April. I'm still trying to decide what I'm going to buy.

I'm probably going to get some 2.5" intercooler piping, Bomex sideskirts, stock accordian hose, and a boost controller. And then in April I'll probably buy a front face intake manifold.

In the mean time, I towed my car to where my parents work and the owner of the place said I can do the swap in the parking lot.

Before:

After:

I have a write-up on how to remove a 7M-GE on my CarDomain, but the engine was a Cressida engine, so it is probably a little different but not enough that it will give you problems.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:52 AM   #44
dcrusupra
500whp yet?

Old engine out new engine in...

I swapped it in on Sunday, took me from 1-5 just to get the damn thing in and bolted down. And got it running today (Monday)
Old 03-13-2007, 05:48 PM   #45
adammickeymikey
Stock

adammickeymikey is on a distinguished road
Default good going

im doing just about the same thing you are ....my 87 is red and im going black with red accents....not much red just basically stitching on the interior and the calipers....nothing too ricey...i also need a dash and i need the black molding all around the car ....how much did you pay for the trd shifter....and on ebay there is a kick ass trd steering wheel that im going to be getting..heres the link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JET-S...QQcmdZViewItem
but im modeling my car after a pair of shoes that i have that are adidas racing shoes black with red stitching ...im even getting the tires that the bottoms are modeld after
adammickeymikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:28 PM   #46
dcrusupra
500whp yet?

I paid $64 shipped for the shifter from Toyota. Any pictures of the adidas shoe? lol

Anyway, more updates...

The engine is a little more cleaned up and is running now. Couple of pics and a very short vid of it running.

The reason the exhaust sounds like that is, well, because it doesnt have one. Lol. It only has the elbow and a quarter of the downpipe.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:32 PM   #47
adammickeymikey
Stock

this is the shoe it didn't show up see it here the bottom looks like a goodyear eagle f1 tire
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...mageID=6285852

Last edited by adammickeymikey; 03-14-2007 at 05:33 PM. Reason: repeat
Old 03-15-2007, 02:07 AM   #48
IHateHacks
20psi boost

IHateHacks is on a distinguished road

Nice job

Looks like you've been planning this out for a while.

I'm impressed!!!
IHateHacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:01 AM   #49
dcrusupra
500whp yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adammickeymikey
im doing just about the same thing you are ....my 87 is red and im going black with red accents....not much red just basically stitching on the interior and the calipers....nothing too ricey...i also need a dash and i need the black molding all around the car ....how much did you pay for the trd shifter....and on ebay there is a kick ass trd steering wheel that im going to be getting..heres the link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JET-S...QQcmdZViewItem
but im modeling my car after a pair of shoes that i have that are adidas racing shoes black with red stitching ...im even getting the tires that the bottoms are modeld after
Have you gotten any quotes on redoing the interior yet? I'm curious as to how much it would cost to redo the seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHateHacks
Nice job

Looks like you've been planning this out for a while.

I'm impressed!!!
Thanks. It's been a long time coming. I've been wanting to do the swap for a long time, but I never saved any money for it like I should have. In the meantime I was researching, figuring out which set-up would be the best way to go for what I wanted. Nate (kwnate) taught me a lot about the fuel system and a supra god by the name of Ian taught me about intercooling systems, so it's all good. Anyway when the time came when I had money I took the opportunity, bought a new shell from an old friend, bought an engine, and put what little knowledge I had to an engine swap and it came out pretty good. And just when it was starting to take off, I got fired. So much for my luck. Lol. But it still worked out good because I actually had time to do the swap.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:57 PM   #50
adammickeymikey
Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrusupra
Have you gotten any quotes on redoing the interior yet? I'm curious as to how much it would cost to redo the seats..
im not recovering the seats imt buying new ones online that are black leather with red stitching its cheaper adn i really dont think its worth it to re upholster those seats in leather ...too much time too much money. on the rest of the interior the carpet is about $150. at a shop i was told it would be about $600 to re-finish my dash....what a joke its only one -one inch crack so im going to try to fix it my self and then paint or dye it along with all the other plastic in the car ...but the cloth door inserts will be pulled out and simply wraped in black leather. im trying to do interior piece by piece until i get my tax return for my engine swap oh yeah and yay me i just bought a second 87 supra for $200 ultra straight body clean title and clean interior .....this is the new project car as my original is too much body work but will be my ugly drifter. when i really get any progress to speak of i'll post pics